Saturday, July 11, 2009

Frustrating As Always

Had the chance today to read another persons review of a dying church that I've been trying to help. Pretty much the same assessment as I've had. The church isn't welcoming, the services are muddled and confusing, the music is poorly done and...this is my addition...the pastor really doesn't care.

How can anyone take money from people to lead a congregation and truly not care about what happens to the church and still sleep at night? I truly don't get it. He seems like a nice guy, but the reality of what he's doing is devastating this church. But he keeps cashing the checks. Worse, the church keeps paying his salary and benefits.

I don't know what's worst of all, a congregation that won't hold their pastor accountable or a pastor who seriously couldn't care less the church he leads is going down the toilet.

P.S. I'm headed out of the country for a week so won't be posting, most likely.

No comments: