Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Putting My Money Where My Mouth Is

For the past few weeks I have been waxing eloquent here on this blog about the need to reverse benevolent oppression. I have been very harsh about how we in the West have done charity for many decades. Over the course of the past month the Lord has convicted me that if I am going to level these charges then I must also be willing to do something about it...and more than just talk!

Years ago I felt God's call to start a ministry to Africa...Kenya, in particular. I got out of the gate by quitting my job but I never made it much further than that. Then five years ago I incorporated a non-profit in Colorado to begin making a difference in developing countries but didn't move it beyond that. Each step along the way I've learned much and doors have been opened for me to meet many people. At some point the classroom learning ends and the real life learning happens. Having been set free from my day job over a month ago I am in the enviable position of having the freedom to put my money where my mouth is.

Starting today I have launched a campaign to raise the money that will fund the start-up of that non-profit specifically targeted to partner with Carlile College in Nairobi, Kenya. It is called The Shepherd Fund and you can go here to donate to the start-up fund. It's being hosted by the crowdfunding website Go Fund Me. I'm asking all my loyal blog readers to spread the word about this fund and encourage your churches to also consider a gift. There is much work to be done and God has prepared me for just such a time as this.

Watch here as I plan to update you on the progress, the learning, the challenges and the triumphs as The Shepherd Fund takes wing. Thank you in advance for your prayers and support.

Again click here to read more and donate.

No comments: