Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Do You Believe It

“Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” - Matthew 17:20

If you're a regular reader of this blog you know that God has set me on a path to create a non-profit ministry here in the U.S. to support the work of Carlile College in Nairobi, Kenya and other projects beyond that. I believe God has shaped my life for what is happening right now and continues to shape me each day for the work that will come tomorrow. There are times in my life where I've been accused of being grandiose. The plans I've talked about have been criticized for being too bold, too broad or too scary. God has blessed me with visions of things that are overwhelming even to me.

But I've never yet had the nerve to say to a mountain, 'Move from here to there.'

If Jesus was truthful when he spoke, if he meant what he said, if Scripture is the inerrant Word of God then...'Nothing will be impossible for you.' 

Do you believe this?

Do you? Really?

Our belief drives our actions. If I believe that nothing is impossible for me then is there any reason not to do what God clearly calls me to do? Nothing is a very inclusive word. Jesus uses the word nothing. No Thing will be impossible for you. What would you do if you struck the word impossible from your vocabulary? What would you pursue if nothing was impossible? If you were the child of the One who owns all the earth and everything in it, who has power over death itself, and has given you access to all of it for His sake what excuse would you make for not doing what He calls you to do?

If you believe this...if you believe Jesus...if God has called you to something scary and seemingly impossible...get over yourself and start moving mountains.

No comments: