Monday, March 25, 2013

Not Much to Say

They say when it comes to blogging that content is king. By that 'they' mean it's important to keep creating new content if you want people to continue to follow your blog and pay attention to what you have to say. But what if you have a few days where you don't have much to say?

I'm in that period right now. I've said much of what I wanted to say about undoing the devastating effects of our charity on the rest of the world. I haven't been tracking the latest foolishness in denominational churches so there's no rant forthcoming. Instead I've been focused on doing some things. I'll spend most of today with consultants analyzing the feasibility of starting a new business. This business will support ministry and be part of the model of combining for profit and non-profit ventures.

I'm still in the process of launching The Shepherd Fund . That's going along smoothly but it takes time to properly begin a non-profit. As I've said in previous posts, there is a time to talk (blog) because those who have a vision of a better future won't get anywhere without sharing that vision. But there is also a time to act or the vision is worthless. In the words of Thomas Edison, "Vision without execution is hallucination!"

Rather than hallucinate, I'm acting to execute my vision for a different way to do charity. And I'm looking for others who are doing the same. If that means some days there's not a new post here then, so be it!

Go here and make a donation to help launch The Shepherd Fund.

No comments: